Friday, April 21, 2006

Now I Know My Bloginality, do you know yours?

It's Friday, so odds are good readers know what it means. This little personality test for bloggers seemed a bit simple at four questions, but interesting nonetheless. By the way, it matches my Myers-Brigg (MPOW paid for the library staff to actually have this done. An interesting experience, even if I don't think anyone has revisited it since. I try to give it thought now and then, but I digress. I find it useful because it makes me more aware of how I operate). At any rate, here is what I learned this time:

My Bloginality is INFP!!!

From the website information for the result:

As an INFP, you are Intraverted, iNtuative, Feeling , Perceiving.
This makes your primary focus on Introverted Feeling with Extraverted Intuition.

This is defined as a NF personality, which is part of Carl Jung's Idealist (Identity Seeking) type, and more specifically the Healers or Idealist

As a weblogger, you have wonderful words to express your feelings because of your idealism. Because you don't like conflict, you may be likely to make one list of links and leave it for a long time without updating for fear of offending.
The dislike for conflict is fairly accurate for me. I dislike it with a passion, and in my blogging, it shows in the fact I stay away from a lot of things that seem divisive. It does not mean I am a pansy. Piss me off or show me something is actually worth fighting for, and hell will break lose. But that happens very rarely since I very easy going. Anyways, food for thought. The extravert part is fairly easy for someone who teaches and is comfortable in front of students. But like many introverts, I do like my quiet time.

Readers can learn a bit more about my type here. Learn about other types here.

A hat tip to Mark Linder, his post and result here.

No comments: