Friday, July 07, 2006

My Kind of Coffee

I have been drinking coffee since I can remember. Heck, I even have a story about the time I was on a plane as a kid and asked for coffee. The nice blond stewardess ("azafata" is Spanish, which sounds worse than the English term, trust me) with the light blue eyes, and yes, this was before the PC folk switched to flight attendants, told me it would stunt my growth; I got the coffee anyhow. I think I wasn't even 12 yet, but it is still one of those little amusing memories. This was also in the day when airlines actually had a sense of good service. At any rate, I figured I could not pass this up. . .besides, it is Friday, so odds are good readers know it's quiz time for the Itinerant Librarian. So, if you appreciate coffee, this may be for you as well.

You are a Black Coffee

At your best, you are: low maintenance, friendly, and adaptable

At your worst, you are: cheap and angsty

You drink coffee when: you can get your hands on it

Your caffeine addiction level: high
What Kind of Coffee Are You?


And speaking of coffee, readers can also find a very interesting essay about the history of coffee from Klephblog (a hat tip to Global Voices Online for pointing the essay out). In addition, Tom Standage's book A History of the World in Six Glasses has a great section on coffee and its impact on the world. I read the book and made a brief note on it here.

No comments: