Friday, January 12, 2007

My politics fall on the borderline

Well, readers, it's Friday, so you know the semi-regular drill for this blog by now. It's quiz time. Damn, this one actually caught me to a "t" as they say. I have taken a few of those little political quizzes, and I often end up falling on the liberal side,yet feeling something was missing. While I do agree with a lot of liberal issues, I don't agree with all of them. There are some things I agree with offered by others. So, this little quiz, with 8 questions or so, at this point, has been the most accurate. On the one hand, I believe for instance in having a safety net for the less fortunate, but I am also very big on people taking personal responsibility for themselves and on the government staying the hell out of my personal life. In this case, both liberals and libertarians share in common the defense of civil liberties, something I hold dear as well.

You can find the quiz here, and if you go to the site, they provide further information on the various political options, so you can learn a bit more. A hat tip to the Annoyed Librarian. My results then:





ACCORDING TO YOUR ANSWERS,

You fall exactly on the border

of two political philosophies...

.

LIBERAL

LIBERTARIAN

LIBERALS usually embrace freedom of choice in personal

matters, but tend to support significant government control of the

economy. They generally support a government-funded "safety net"
to help the disadvantaged, and advocate strict regulation

of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regulations,

defend civil liberties and free expression, support government action

to promote equality, and tolerate diverse lifestyles.

LIBERTARIANS support maximum liberty in both personal

and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government;

one that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion

and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual

responsibility, oppose government bureaucracy and taxes,

promote private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the

free market, and defend civil liberties.

The RED DOT on the Chart shows where you fit on the political map.

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 90%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 50%.
(Please note: Scores falling on the Centrist border are counted as Centrist.)

No comments: