Friday, February 02, 2007

5 things about me meme

I got tagged for this by CW at Ruminations. I am running late on this kind of thing, but here we go. The prompt is "five things you don't know about me."

  1. I am the oldest of three brothers. I am very proud of my younger brothers even if I don't tell them as often as I could. Mom raised three boys with the admonition to "learn to take care of yourself and your house. No woman is going to come and do it for you."
  2. I am an Eagle Scout.
  3. Though we have two cats at home now, I grew up with dogs. In fact, as a child, we had a collie that was just like Lassie. I like dogs, but I have learned to love cats more.
  4. As an undergraduate, I wanted to be an aerospace engineer. Yes, I know, I had high hopes out of high school (good grades in physics and math too). Little did I know I would end up being an educator. However, my mother knew. When I called home distressed that I had switched majors, she simply said, in that wise way mothers have, "I did not want to tell you, but I knew that was not for you."
  5. My first job in college was in the library (circulation clerk, work study). However, back then I had no idea I would become a librarian. I kept that job until I had to do my student teaching.
My few readers know that I am always up for this kind of thing, but I don't usually tag. At this point, I think just about everybody has been tagged. If you have not, and you feel moved, go for it.

No comments: