Thursday, January 31, 2008

Donor gets naming rights to a campus bathroom

I once said as a joke to a friend or two that it was a matter of time before universities, in their dash to get donors, would start naming closets and bathrooms. Well, what do you know? The University of Colorado already got on board. Brad Feld, a venture capitalist, has donated $25,000 to have a bathroom named in his honor. As part of the deal, he gets to put a plaque that also features a nice inspirational quote:

"The best ideas often come at inconvenient times. Don't ever close your mind to them."

Let's be honest. I am sure a lot of people out there have had great ideas while in the bathroom. I know I have. I have even had an epiphany or two. Ok, maybe not as transcendent as that, but you get the idea. So, what's next? The showers? I mean, a lot of people get inspired while in the shower or taking a bath.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never gotten inspired in a public, named shower but I used to (about a 2-year period) have the most amazing things happening in my mind in the shower just a few years back when I had my e-reserves job.

I solved difficult issues using Voyager to do e-reserves and I composed some of the most beautiful paragraphs and ideas for my grad sociology courses. Unfortunately, I could never remember but a thread of those beautiful paragraphs by the time I was out of the shower. :(