Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Booknote: Everything I Need to Know About Christmas I Learned From a Little Golden Book

Diane Muldrow, Everything I Need to Know About Christmas I Learned from a Little Golden Book. New York: Golden Books, 2014. ISBN: 9780553497359.


Genre: children's books
Subgenre: holidays, Christmas, adult nostalgia
Format: Print. Hardcover.
Source: My local public library



The Better Half found this one at our local public library, and as we often do, passed it on so I could read it as well. I tried to read it earlier, but in the end, I did not get to it until recently. Still, it is a book worth reading. I read the author's previous book in this vein, and I enjoyed it as well, so I looked forward to this one. Like the previous one, this one brings in illustrations from other classic Little Golden Books to bring the story to life. This time the author looks at the Christmas season, which can be joyous but also hectic. It can be a time for family but also a time for traffic and excess. Muldrow does remind us that Christmas only comes once a year, so we should put our best foot forward and enjoy the season.

The book is a good read for the holiday season, and though written a bit more for adult nostalgia, it can be read by all ages. If you read Little Golden Books  as a child, you will appreciate this one. It is a cute and heartwarming book with warm and fuzzy illustrations. A very good selection for the holiday season.

I am giving it 4 out of 5 stars.


This book qualifies for the following 2015 Reading Challenge:



No comments: