Friday, June 19, 2015

Booknote: Adolf, Volume 5: April 1945 and All That

Osamu Tezuka, Adolf, Volume 5: April 1945 and All That. San Francisco, CA: Cadence Books, 1996. ISBN: 9781569311622.

Genre: Manga
Subgenre: historical fiction
Format: trade paperback
Source: My local public library

I come to the end of the series. This is where Adolf Kaufman and Adolf Kamil will confront each other. The fate of the Hitler papers will be sealed.

Kaufman returns to Japan, only to find his mom has remarried. Sohei Toge is the new husband, the man that Kaufman has to kill in order to get the Hitler papers back. Kaufman also faces that he is on the losing side of the war; he's displaced, practically a man with no country. And all along the U.S. is bombing Japan. The tension in the story rises right from the beginning, and the story leads to a confrontation to settle all accounts. It is a good ending this excellent series.

Highly recommend, so 5 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I hadn't heard of this one before and I'm not sure it's really my kind of read, but I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

I just wanted to let you know that the Horror Reading Challenge second quarter update & giveaway has been posted! I hope you'll come by and say hi!

Tracy @ Cornerfolds

A. Rivera said...

Thanks for the reminder. I will have to hop on over to update. :)