Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Second Quarterly Update on the Horror Reading Challenge.



I usually do not do updates like this for challenges in the middle of the year, but the host of this challenge encourages an update post every quarter. I missed the first quarter, and I am barely making it for the second now. I have not been too prolific reading in the horror genre, but I have met the quota for the challenge I selected.

I started out as 1-5 Horror Books = Running Scared.

As of today, I am now at 6-10 Horror Books = Brave Reader.

I have read the following books so far that qualify for this challenge. The ones with links have reviews posted on the blog:

  1. Scott Snyder, American Vampire, Volume 5
  2. Kennedy Xu, Daomu.
  3. Scott Snyder, American Vampire, Volume 7.  
  4. Mitzi Szereto, ed., Darker Edge of Desire.  
  5. Ryan Burton, et.al., Dark Engine, Volume 1: The Art of Destruction
  6. Brian Keene, Castaways.  
  7. Steve Niles and Damien Worm, October Faction, Volume 1
  8.  Z. Rider, Insylum
  9. Corina Sara Bechko, Heathentown.
The review for Castaways is actually written up in my journal. I just have to find some time to transcribe and edit it for the blog.  I have one more book, a galley, by Z. Rider to read, so that will likely be added to the list. Since I did complete my initial commitment, the challenge is done, but I am going to continue. I think I can make it to ten, but if not, I think I did ok here. We'll see how it goes. A good thing about the challenge is it has helped me rediscover my enjoyment of the horror genre.

Next month is October, and Halloween is coming up.

No comments: