Thursday, December 31, 2015

Booknote: Garfield Tips the Scales

Jim Davis, Garfield Tips the Scales. New York: Ballantine Books, 2004. ISBN: 0-345-46909-7.

Genre: comics and graphic novels
Subgenre: humor, felines
Format: Hardback (reprint edition)
Source: Got it free from my local public library's "Know it all" event.


I continue enjoying the Garfield books. This is the 8th entry in the series, and it is a trip back in time. The book was first published in 1984. I read a reprint edition that was published in 2004. The strips may not be new, but they really keep their humor. It is amusing to me to see all the references to the 1980s as I read the book. The humor remains light and comforting as ever, which is a big reason I enjoy this series. When I need to read something to relax and get a smile, I can count on a Garfield comic to deliver. In this volume, Garfield visits the grocery store, and he has to compete with cute Nermal for attention.

Overall, there is a nice selection of strips here.

 4 out of 5 stars.

This book qualifies for the following 2015 Reading Challenges:






No comments: