Monday, January 16, 2017

Climbing up Mount TBR in 2017

The Mount TBR Reading Challenge is one that I enjoy, but it is not one I have always completed successfully. I managed to make it in 2015, but I fell short last year. So, I am packing my climbing gear and I am taking another stab at it; I just can't quit this challenge. I have plenty of books of my own in my TBR (to be read) pile that I need to try to clear out a bit. So without further ado, here we go.

Some of the rules, according to their website:

  • Challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2017.
  • Books must be owned by you prior to January 1, 2017. No library books. (I read a lot of library books, which is what at times distracts me from this challenge, so I will make an effort to pay a bit more attention). 
If you want to sign up (you can do so until November 1st, 2017), here is the link for the sign up page:




Once again, I will attempt to complete the following mountain:

Pike's Peak: Read and review 12 books from the TBR pile. 

As always, if I read more, I will attempt to upgrade to the next mountain. I will add books to my list as I pick them up and read them. I will link the reviews on the list once I post them.

Books read for this challenge:

  1. Colette Baron-Reid, Enchanted Map Oracle Cards (with book).  
  2. Editors of Yankee Magazine, Yankee Magazine's Living Well on a Shoestring
  3. Clay Cane, Live Through This
  4. Kathryn Petras and Ross Petras,  The Stupidest Things Ever Said: Book of All-Time Stupidest Top Ten Lists.
  5. Jennifer Adams, et.al., Emma: an Emotions Primer
  6. Jennifer Adams, et.al., Treasure Island: a Shapes Primer.
  7. Alana Fairchild, The Isis Oracle (deck and book set).  
  8. Joanna Powell Colbert, The Gaian Tarot (deck and book set).
  9. Andy Schmidt, G.I. Joe: Future Noir.
  10. Jonathan J. Moore, Dreadful Diseases and Terrible Treatments.
  11. Ryan Mecum, Vampire Haiku
  12. Melanie Marquis, Modern Spellcaster's Tarot (deck and book set).

Update Note (11/30/17): Initial challenge completed. As of today, 8 books read and reviewed. Remaining books, except for number 12, have reviews done and scheduled for publication. Last book I am in process of writing the review. 

Update Note (1/1/18): All reviews are posted. I did posted the last one today. Challenge is complete for 2017.







No comments: