Friday, January 20, 2017

Reading by the colors in 2017

This is the second reading challenge I am doing because it is silly fun, and it is the last challenge I am choosing to undertake in 2017. I am new to this challenge, so this should be an interesting experience. Here are the details:



From the challenge page:

  • Basically, the idea is to read nine books in each of the colors assigned. The book can have the color or a shade of the color in the title and/or on the book cover. So, for example, for blue, a book that has blue (or a shade of blue) in the title or the book cover. 

This is a fixed number challenge, so I will be attempting to read and review nine books by color. I will add book titles to the list  as I pick them up, and  I will link the reviews as  I post them.

List of books read for this challenge:

  1. P.J. O'Rourke, How the Hell Did This Happen? (Blue)
  2. David Gonzales and Elliot Serrano, Homies. (Red)
  3. Norman Ohler, Blitzed. (Yellow)
  4. David Liss, et.al., Green Hornet: Reign of the Demon.(Green)
  5. Melanie Marquis, The Modern Spellcaster's Tarot. (Book and deck set) (Brown) (review forthcoming)
  6. Colin Dickey, Ghostland. (Black)
  7. Jancis Robinson, The 24-Hour Wine Expert (White)
  8. Jennifer Adams, Emma: an Emotions Primer. (Book with any other color: purple, orange, silver, etc.) (Pink).
  9. Rebecca Hankins and  Miguel Juarez, Where are all the librarians of color? (Book with a word that implies color: rainbow, polka-dot, plaid, stripe, etc.)

Update note (11/30/17): Challenge completed. The Tarot book is the last item, and I will link the review when I finish writing it. I have to admit, this was fun, but it was also a bit more challenging than I expected, especially for categories 8 and 9. Still, this is one I will definitely do next year if offered.

2 comments:

Bev Hankins said...

Welcome to the Color Coded Challenge! So glad to have you playing along on this one.

A. Rivera said...

Thank you. My first time doing it, so I am looking forward to it.