Monday, January 16, 2017

Reading Library Books in 2017

I always try to do a library related reading challenge. I do it in part because I am a librarian, and I have a soft spot for library related things. In addition, a significant amount of books I read come from libraries-- my local public library, my workplace library, or interlibrary loan.  So it feels natural to do this kind of challenge. A detail that seems to be  an issue is the stability of these challenges. The one I am signing up now has changed names at least twice, and yet I have managed to follow them along. We'll see how it goes this year. I am doing the following library reading challenge this year:

Library Love Challenge 2017. (link to sign up page at Bea's Book Nook)
Library Love Challenge (sign up at Angel's Guilty Pleasures



Based on  what I have completed before, I am going to start at the following level:

Thrifty Reader: Read and review 24 books. 

If I read more, I will upgrade. I will add books to the reading list as I pick them up to read. I will link to the reviews when I post them to the blog.





List of books read for this challenge:


  1. Becky Libourel Diamond, The Thousand Dollar Dinner
  2. "The Usual Gang of Idiots," The Mad Bathroom Companion: the Gushing Fourth Edition
  3. Jerry Scott and Jim Borgman, Zits: Sketchbook 1
  4. Seán Michael Wilson, Bushido: the Soul of the Samurai.
  5. Mark Kurlansky, Paper: Paging Through History.
  6. Rebecca Hankins and  Miguel Juarez, Where are all the Librarians of Color.  
  7. John Lewis, et.al., March: Book Three
  8. John G. Palfrey, BiblioTech (audiobook edition). 
  9. Various authors, Halo Graphic Novel
  10. P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast, Marked (House of Night, Book 1). 
  11. Mario Benedetti, Biografía para encontrarme.  
  12. Jennifer Worick, Things I Want to Punch in the Face (audiobook edition). 
  13. Jen Mann, People I Want to Punch in the Throat (audiobook edition). 
  14. Ray Garton, Live Girls
  15. Anthony Bourdain, Kitchen Confidential (audiobook edition). 
  16. Jay Fonseca, Banquete Total
  17. Tommy Dades and Mike Vecchione, with David Fisher, Friends of the Family.
  18. Josh Katz, Speaking American.
  19. Colin Dickey, Ghostland.  
  20. P.J. O'Rourke, How the Hell Did This Happen?
  21. Jancis Robinson, The 24-Hour Wine Expert
  22. Serafin Mendez Mendez, with Ronald Fernandez, Puerto Rico Past and Present: an Encyclopedia.
  23.  Michael Eric Dyson, Tears We Cannot Stop.
  24. Vincent Terrace, Television Series of the 1960s.





No comments: