Friday, February 02, 2018

Reading Challenges and such: Taking a break





As I noted in my Reading List report for 2017, I did read less last year. This year is not getting to a good start as I read little in  January, though I am making up for it in  February a bit. The "Hard Times" are definitely not conducive to good reading times. 2018 just came in, pounced, ran me over, and then kept on going. We are in February already. I did not even get to type out my last holiday post  for 2017, the one with the yearly summary, because by the time I noticed, it was almost end of January, so I decided to skip it for this year. Another thing I am skipping this year are reading challenges.


I enjoy doing reading challenges. I do not often enjoy the requirements of things like having to post review links in certain places at certain times. Challenge hosts can be very inconsistent from one to the other, so remembering who does what when just gets a bit too overwhelming. Last year, I barely finished the challenges I undertook, in part because of the "Hard Times" and  in part because at times I was annoyed trying to figure out what to post or link where and when.

So this year, 2018, I am taking a break. I am just going to read whatever the hell I feel like whenever the hell I feel like it. Do not worry. I will keep reviewing books as I usually do. I am just not going to worry about whether a book fits a certain challenge or list.

In terms of reviews, I do have some interesting books coming up, so stay tuned.

No comments: